As the official representation of the United Republic of Tanzania, the High Commission cover all matters concerning diplomatic relations, and has the responsibility of promoting relations of friendship and co-operation between the governments and the peoples of the United Kingdom.
The High Commission main pre-occupation is to promote Tanzania's economic and other interests. In this regard, the High Commission represents Tanzania’s interests in a range of areas, including, trade, finance, investment, security, tourism, as well as education, tourism and culture.
It reaches out to potential investors, businesses, governmental and non-governmental entities, among others, in the area of accreditation and encouraging them to do business with Tanzania, visit tourist attractions, or do such other things with the aim of strengthening ties with Tanzania.
The embassy also works to safeguard interests of Tanzanians living in the areas of accreditation.
Tanzania High Commission in London, United Kingdom runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Tanzanian, People of United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
A: Consular activities
- Visa issuance
- Renewal of passports for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Passport replacements for Tanzania national abroad
- Issuance of Emergence Travel documents (ETD) to Tanzania nationals in distress abroad
- Receiving and forwarding of citizenship renunciation application forms and corresponding certificates
- Passport endorsements
- Providing advisory services to Tanzania nationals in problems.
B: Commercial activities
- Promotion of economic diplomacy
- Promotion of investments
- Promotion of tourism
- Facilitating co-operation between NGOs in Tanzania and NGOs in the area of our representation.
- Conciliating cultural exchange between Tanzanian and the other countries in the area of our representation.